Join Our SUMMER SCHOOL in Suzhou
NIHAO, WELCOME TO SUZHOU, CHINA
Suzhou has been known as “heaven on earth,” since time immemorial across China; this water city of canals, art and literature was the heart of the literati of Classical China.Today, the Suzhou Industrial Park, is a new development attached to the ancient city, and is in itself, a modern city in the making.
Part A: SUMMER MANDARIN @ SUZHOU
3 Options for Study Await You:
- Summer Holidays: July 1 to August 30 every year; for 1-8 weeks duration; total study intensive study week is 8 weeks; extension tour options for cultural excursions around China are available.
- Year-end/Winter Holiday: Beginning November 10 to Dec 10 – 4 weeks of intensive study at your proficiency level.
- A full year of study: total of 30 weeks of intensive studies that begins in March and ends in November.
A1. ABOUT OUR PROGRAM:
Our focus is to help students who study Mandarin as a second or foreign language to develop proficiency for communicative effectiveness. The lesson plans are based on the most frequently used words and expressions in the most frequently encountered situations.
Students will master listening, speaking, conversation and reading. Some writing will be taught; most students will be able to type using Chinese software once they have master character recognition.
The foundation of the proficiency program is to master the necessary vocabulary and phrases in real life situations. After students have achieved MPEC; they can go on to strengthen their command of the language by branding into CHARACTER RECOGNITION and PROFESSIONAL MANDARIN for SPECIFIC PURPOSES.
A2. OUR UNIQUE LEARNING APPROACH:
- Student centered and with emphasis on helping students to “chunk” words to form sentences and this program takes a gradual approach to developing proficiency. Students learn through a systematic methodology (听说读写) which allows for individualized practice. Teaching is comprehensive and personalized to meet students’ needs and goals.
- First 50 hours for the beginner – all areas will be taught with priority is given to mastering listening and speaking.
- Next 50 hours for the beginner – all areas will be taught, but with some additional emphasis on the first 100 most frequently occurred characters to be mastered as well.
- Graduating to level 3 – students will be systematically taught Character (Hanzi), and this will last till level 6.
- From Level 6 to 10 – students will graduate to advanced level, with a lot of emphasis on grammar and composition.
- We help motivate and develop students’ interests in their Mandarin study by exploring the latest developments within China, including Chinese culture. Using resources from the net, multimedia material; drama and role-play a deeper understanding of China and language learning is developed.
- With clear and personalized goal focused learning, our highly supportive teachers work with students on achieving their targets and gaining satisfaction form their study.
A3. 10 LEVELS STEP BY STEP TO MANDARIN PROFICIENCY
Three levels: Foundation (2), Intermediate (4) and Advanced (4). The International Standard Test for Hanyu Proficiency Test is the New HSK. It has 6 levels.
A4. CULTURAL EXTENSIONS
The Jiangnan (江南) region is one of the most prosperous regions in China. Its economic foundation allowed the arts and cultural pursuits to flourish. Some cultural features around Yangtze River Delta Region which delight visitors include:
- Jiangnan Culture: Suzhou’s water town, architecture and furniture, silk museum, Hanshan temple, night Shantang old street, the romance of the Grand Canal, Wuxi’s pottery museum, Shanghai’s modern New China (city planning, China Pavilion).
- Art, Music & Cuisines: Suzhou Classical opera, Kunqu opera, spectacular Kungfu and Lion Dance shows. Chinese calligraphy, delicate paper cutting, clay dolls, pottery, embroidery, delicious Huaiyang cuisine, Blue Cotton Printing (Nantong), Lantern Making (Nanjing), and tranquil tea houses.
- Crafts and Chinese Innovations: Since the 1600′s China has been known for its exquisite crafts and innovations for refined living; its silk, tea, porcelain, building and architectural styles, the art of making gardens as well as innovations in infrastructure and solutions to modern living. Students are encouraged to do thematic subject research and produce their work in micro-movie, photography exhibition and any other formats to deepen their understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture.
A5. OUR DYNAMIC FACULTY
All our teachers are native Chinese or Chinese University trained with 3 to 5 years of teaching experience working with foreign language students. Many are graduates of China’s top university including Nanjing University; Shanghai Jiao tong University; Beijing Media University and North China Normal University. Our teachers are welcoming, inclusive, fully bilingual, dynamic and practice an interactive and participative coaching style with students.
A6. ON SITE LANGUAEG TEACHING SERVICE
- Qualified Teachers of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (TCSL) are available from us for on-location assignments globally, to companies, learning institutions and to homes. We have a special teachers training program in partnership with several leading Chinese universities. For information on employing a teacher, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to our academic director Anna Gan at email@example.com.
- Part time and full time Study: Part-time study involves 4 hours weekly, whereas full-time study involves 20 hours weekly. All the above programs are available part and full-time. Corporate and institutional groups may organize classes at their own location in partnership with us.
- Host a Chinese Speaker in your home to help you practise your Chinese Language: GHCC provides a matching service of an outstanding Chinese graduate in TCSL for home-stay where the host family have a chance to practise their language with the intern. For further information, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supervised Online Learning to keep up your study and keep your focus. For further information, please speak to Janice at email@example.com. You may also get a FREE Trial class by making a reservation with us.
A.8 A partial listing of our satisfied clients
- Skema Business School, Sophia Antipolis, France
- Dow Chemicals Worldwide
- Mendoza School of Business, University of Notre Dame. Chicago, USA
- The Philip Stark School of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York, USA
- Dartmouth School of Business, USA
- Barry University, USA
- The Graduate School of Business, Massey University, New Zealand
- Porto Business School, Porto, Portugal
- Kasetsart University Laboratory School, Thailand
- Polis Di Raja Malaysia (Pulapol)
- Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM)
- Taylors Education Group
- Inti College Group
- Sunway Corporation
- Sunway Hotel & Resorts
- Samsung Industrial
- Mitsui Engineering
- CIMB Private Banking
- Crowne Horwath Accounting Services
- Malaysian Institute of Management
- Terengganu Chamber of Commerce
- Kuala Lumpur Alice Smith International School
- Peter n Jane Kindergarten
- Kinderland, Desa Sri Hartamas
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA), Kuala Terengganu
- Kolej Poly-Tech MARA
- Sime Darby Berhad
- Prada Retail Malaysia
- Monash University
- Tunas Kijang (Childcare Center for National Bank of Malaysia
- ValueCap (investment holding company equally-owned by Khazanah Nasional Bhd)
- Hewlett-Packard Global Center
Part B. OUR CAMPUS IN BEAUTIFUL SUZHOU
China is the classroom for all our foreign students; the learning takes students to a variety of interesting cultural locations around China. The base campus for much of the initial teaching and immersion program is GHCC’s parent campus at Global Institute of Software Engineering (GIST), Dushu Lake Higher Education Park, in Suzhou. This bealutiful campus has dedicated, modern facilities for learners’ academic, recreational and lifestyle needs, and is one of the most comprehensive learning instituations in China, comprising 22 universities and colleges.
Suzhou is home to 5 million people and is situated in the heart of the Yangtze River Delta. Suzhou is 26 minutes by train from the heart of Shanghai, 45 minutes by car from Hongqiao airport. Visitors arrive in Suzhou either via the Hangzhou airport or via Shanghai’s Pudong Airport.
The GIST Campus @ Dushu Lake Higher Education Park has plentiful green spaces, walkways, park areas and other facilities which make it one of the most pleasant campus towns in East China. The open campus environment is very green, and is served by complimentary bikes throughout the campus town.
1. Wifi-enabled Campus: wifi and internet services are available throughout the classrooms, offices and public areas.
2. Teaching and Learning Facilities: Our fully air-conditioned, light and spacious classrooms, offices, teachers’ room, student/faculty room, administrative offices offer highly flexible and dynamic learning spaces.
3. Convenient Living: the restaurant and café options are numerous across the campus neighbourhood, as well as in the Greater Suzhou area, offering delicious local and international delicacies.
4. Supporting Facilities: 3000 state-of-the-art workstations and online library together with our specialist libraries help ensure our students have easy access to independent learning. Our sports stadium equipped with an Olympic sized swimming pool and other facilities such as a cinema, sports pitches and courts for basketball and football etc complement the quality academic support.
5. Well-connected Regionally: Our campus is easily accessible by modern road and rail links to the rest of downtown Suzhou. Quick connections exist to high-speed rail links and airports which serves other Chinese cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Nanjing and Hangzhou.
*Note: accommodation allocated to students depends on their duration of stay
- R&D Apartment — Ranges from RMB77-278 per day for single bedroom to RMB97-RMB338 per day for a unit of double bedroom.
- MBA Apartment – Ranges from RMB92-RMB228 per day for standard room to RMB92-RMB338 per day for a unit of three bedrooms.
- Scholar’s Garden Apartment — Ranges from RMB64-RMB238 per day for Studio
- C-District Apartment — Ranges from RMB60-RMB128 for a unit of 4-bedroom apartment and RMB60-RMB128 for a unit of 6-bedroom apartment.
Booking can be made via our student affairs department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: it is the student’s responsibility to find his or her roommate if sharing is desired. We can provide assistance finding roommates if requested.
Part C: ENROLLMENT AND APPLICATION TIMES:
Actual intake dates will be announced on the Global Hanyu website as soon as they become available. Intake dates for 2013/2014 are:
- Summer Holiday 2013: June 15 and July 15, two intake dates.
- Winter Holiday 2013: Nov 10 to Dec 10, 2013.
- A full-year study: Intake begins in March 2014 until Nov 26, 2014.
Note: Closing date for registrations is 30 days before commencement of the program.
Students will be between 15 and 60 year-old, will hold a valid foreign passport, and have studied to senior high school level or above. Family groups will have a waiver on the minimum age requirement so long as a parent accompanies the 10-14 year-old student and is also learning in the group.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com.
- A fully completed Application Form of Overseas Student to be made to Global Hanyu & Culture College,
- A copy of passport,
- A copy of highest academic qualification attained. Students also indicate at the time of application whether credit transcripts are needed.
a. Enrollment Fees (One-time, waived for returning students): RMB 500
b. Tuition for each 20-hour week of study is RMB 950 for group class size up to 15. Students get online support and one-to-one coaching during the program.
One-month (4 weeks) : RMB 3,800
One Semester (20 weeks) : RMB 18,000
One Year (30 weeks) : RMB 27,000
(All fees are quoted in the local Chinese currency. Guide for conversion: May 2013, USD1=RMB6.13)
Fees to pay to Global HanCulture (M) Sdn Bhd @ Malaysia
Bank : HSBC Bank (M) Bhd,
Account No : 353-322761-101
Branch : Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
Swift Code : HBMBMYKL
Field trips fees are additional and are estimated at RMB1200 to be paid during the stay and may vary with market price.
** Students would have to pay for their own accommodation, air fare, transfer, meals and pocket money expenses. Counsellors would advise on accommodation arrangements, however, students should make payment directly to the hotel/apartment.
For further queries, kindly connect with us at:
Tel No. : 0086-159 0052 1496 (Li Laoshi)
E-mail: : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Malaysia: http://www.facebook.com/GlobalHanyuMalaysia
Facebook International: http://wwww.facebook.com/Globalhanyu&CultureCollege
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/globalhanyu
Youku Channel: http://goo.gl/Bs6SZ